Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who I am.

I am a wife and mother in a house full of boys! A lot of people know my name but not my story. They know what they have heard, but they have no idea what I've been through.
So let me explain. I had my 1st child at 19 and no clue what I was doing and had a lot of help from my parents. I wasn't the smartest and made a lot of bad decisions. Including dating a physio-path for about 3 years. Whom donated his awesome sperm to me, making my 2nd boy. Along with that child came 6 months of weekly counseling to help me get through all the hell he put me through. Ladies if you are reading this...Domestic Violence is serious and should never ever be taken lightly...Just saying. Counseling was the best thing that ever happened to me. I really learned a lot and figured out who I wanted to be. Which wasn't just a single mom that guys could take advantage of. I learned how to be a better mother, and to take responsibility for my actions. I learned about men and the types to avoid. I chose to really watch who I dated after this and went for a simple, easy, and quiet boring one. That only lasted about 3 months. He decided having children was just too hard and then drove to California to pick up his ex. Which was just fine with me! After him, I was like ok maybe its just not time to date right now. Well shortly after I heard there was this guy who had a crush on me. I thought I knew a lot about this guy cause he dated my ex best friend, and I was way curious about him. I wanted to know if everything she said about him was true...and I'm just going to make a really long story here, short. He was nothing like she said. He was not doing drugs. He did not beat his child. He did not ever show signs of being abusive. He was the complete opposite of every thing she said. Today I call this man, Hubby.
And then there's the history with his ex, and my ex bestie. She on the other hand is a drug addict. And made our lifes a living hell for the first 6 months of our relationship. When their son was only 2 and half she decided smoking meth was better then watching him, and he was attacked by a dog. He looked like he was beat, but according to the police report, it was a small dog. This all lead up to hubby getting custody and a year later me adopting their son.
About my new son...(their son). I noticed he had some issues that my kids never had. He couldn't talk very well. He was just very...different. So I took him to be evaluated by the school district. They told me they suspected autism and adhd. His dad doesn't like to agree with any of this, and doesn't like to talk about it...
And this is why I am starting a blog/journal. My special needs child is now 5 and we have been on such a roller coaster ride, I just thought it would be nice to have a place where I can talk about my daily or weekly struggles. I have 3 boys. 4, 5, and 7. And for the 1st time in my life I am pregnant, and it was planned, and its with a person I love and adore. I am 17 weeks along, and its also a boy. I'm telling ya, a house full of boys. I hope if there are any other parents out there struggling that this will be a helpful place where we can laugh at our struggles and get through them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment