Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A little more history, along with where we are now.

Taylor is my add/autistic child. They ruled out ADHD this year, saying he isn't hyper, he just can't seem to focus on one thing at a time, or really pay attention to much. Which is really odd cause he is so so smart. He is almost smarter then my 7 yo. It really confuses even his teachers. But they are sticking with their recent diagnoses. We have yet to actually get a drs opinion. I have a feeling that's coming, cause at his last meeting I was explaining his non stop whining and they said maybe its time we get a dr involved. They don't understand the whining anymore then I do. We have been a very strict schedule for some time now. I regulate game playing time. So really all the boys, shouldn't have to argue with me. But they do. However...Taylor doesn't argue, he cries. Let me give a preview...
Me. "Taylor its time its time to turn off the Wii.
Taylor. whinny voice.."Awww I wanna play the Wii."
Me. "No Taylor, its been an hour, its time to turn it off and have some lunch."
Taylor. stilling whining "I wanna play the Wii. I wanna play the Wii, I wanna play the Wii." while walking to the table.
Me."What would you like for lunch?" trying to change the subject.
Taylor. "I wanna play the Wii."... and so on. for about 15 minutes. I end up just giving him what he gets every day for lunch then this happens, right after lunch.
Me. "shower time, go get in the shower.
Taylor. "AWWW I WANNA PLAY THE Wii."
Me. "I'm gonna throw the effin Wii out the damn window!" (yes mommy has a potty mouth)
Taylor. even louder "Aww I wanna play the Wii."
Me. "OMG TAYLOR, get in the shower, get ready for school." So he cries for a few minutes in the shower. and then we are over it, after the shower i let him watch tv for about 15-30 minutes before leaving for school. And you can only guess what happens there right...Only its not the wii its "i wanna watch tv."
So that was last week, and many, many weeks before. Some days where better then others and some days where worse. I thought last week was the worse it has been in a very long time. Well let tell you about this week. My 4yo, whose name is Brodie. Has decided that he really wants to become my most defiant child and disagree to everything I ask of him. This is so unusual  he use to be so good and so easy...ha not anymore. The boys have had me in tears all week. Along with Brodie there is Taylor, and like I said, I thought last week was bad...This week...Taylor has decided that he needs to put his shoes on the wrong feet then yell at me when i tell him they are wrong..He literally believes they are right, and they are not. After arguing i just fix them, which results in his kicking me. Also, along with his normal crying routine he has set, he has thrown in a whole new set of reasons to cry. Like he was playing with a toy and then stopped so his brother started playing with it, and he is just not okay with that, He decides he needs to scream and cry even more then before. He cries when I ask him why he is crying. He cries when I ask him to pick something up, or to go to bed. He cries all the time! Its only wenesday and I can not count the number of fits the 2 of them have had. But I can count the number of times I have cried and asked myself what the hell am I doing wrong?!?! that number is 5. I have no answers...but I try to stay positive, and I remember those moments he runs to me hugging me telling me "I'm the best mom in the world." Those moments are priceless and why I love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment